Activated Sludge Process (ASP), an Old technique in waste water treatment is combined with highly efficient membrane filtration to start a sophisticated technique called Membrane Bio Reactor (MBR). Membrane bioreactors (MBRs) combine the use of biological processes and membrane technology to treat wastewater.Within one process unit, a high standard of treatment is achieved, replacing the conventional arrangement of settling tank and filtration that generally produces what is termed as a tertiary standard effluent.
The advent of membranes makes the wastewater treatment easier nowadays. It is an efficient process for maintaining a long solids retention time (SRT) at a relatively short hydraulic retention time (HRT), which is needed for the treatment of waste water.
The dependence on disinfection is also reduced, since the membranes with pore openings, generally in the 0.1-0.5µm, range trap a significant proportion of pathogenic organisms.
The more common MBR configuration is to have the membrane immersed in the wastewater, although a side stream configuration is also possible, with the wastewater pumped through the membrane module and then returned to the bioreactor. Operating at Mixed liquor suspended solids (MLSS) concentration of up to 12,000 mg/L and a sludge age of 30-60 days
MBR is favored to all other conventional techniques because the treated water is free from suspended solids and microorganisms, thus making it suitable for reuse. This unique application gives high degradation rates, extremely low sludge production and very compact design.
- SUPERIOR TREATED WATER QUALITY
- Safe rejection of Bio Mass
- Enhanced Standard of Hygiene through barrier filtration
- Consistent BOD levels of 3-7 ppm
- Ultra filtered water free of pathogens.
- SDI < 3 achieved consistently
- PROCESS SUPERIORITY
- Can tolerate larger input variations
- Aeration tank MLSS levels
- 8000 – 12000 ppm
- Reduction in aeration tank size
- Aeration system can handle higher loads
- Sludge can be wasted directly to sludge handling equipments.
- Low SDI in treated water
- Removes difficult pre treatment for downstream Recycle systems
- Modular units facilitate easy plant expansion
- Eliminates filters – No Back wash waste.
- Disinfection only based on specific requirement
- Smaller footprint.
Fill the Form or
+91-97436 46661 / email@example.com
Mon-Fri: 9:00 - 18:00 / Closed on weekends